PhD students of the Hector Fellow Academy are employed as research assistants for a period of three years. The salary corresponds to the internal regulations at the university of the respective Hector Fellow (according to TV-L 13, up to 100%, based on the funding rates of the DFG for PhD students).
As a PhD student you also have 9,500€ as research funding every year at your disposal. Furthermore, you get the opportunity to take part in a variety of training sessions and networking events in order to obtain and support interdisciplinary competences and soft skills.
At a glance
- Opportunity to obtain the PhD with an own research idea or
- Application for a position advertised by the Hector Fellow
- A funded position, not a scholarship
- Extensive research funding
- Membership in our research network
- Collaboration with Hector Science Award winners (prize for outstanding research achievement and special commitment in teaching and the promotion of young scientists)
- Training in management topics
- Variety of training activities & networking events