To apply for a position as a PhD student at the Hector Fellow Academy, the following requirements must be met:
- Excellent academic performance
- Very good master’s degree in the relevant field
- Very good knowledge of English
- Willingness to move to the university location of the supervising Hector Fellow, if necessary
- Either submit an innovative, self-developed project outline within the research area of a Hector Fellow
- Or apply for a position advertised by a Hector Fellow
Upon receipt of the application, the submitted documents will be reviewed by the Hector Fellow Academy office and forwarded to the Hector Fellow. The assessment is based on the academic qualifications, the maturity of the project outline and the consistency of the topic with the research focus of the Hector Fellow or the fit to the requirements of the advertised position.
With the most promising candidates, the Hector Fellows coordinate interviews. The finalists will be invited to a personal introduction in July (as part of the annual symposium). Subsequently, the final funding decisions are made.